The successful candidate will support the Head of Procurement and the purchasing and planning functions within the department, by learning the roles of other members of the department and deputising as necessary, providing contingency for the department, and giving the individual a real insight into how the whole department functions. The Procurement Officer will be responsible for the management of several facilities contracts such as mobile phones, office equipment, stationary etc. and leading to the management of other larger contracts such as utilities. They will be responsible for aiding the standardisation process of contracts across the supply base, ensuring an established tender process is adhered to, to achieve best value for the business.
This role will play a key part in the systemising of processes within the department and implementing better IT system control, taking a lead role in the smooth transition of a new IT system. They will drive continuous improvement initiatives, supporting research in latest innovations in packaging and ingredients solutions as well as being a key member of the recently formed Environmental and Sustainability Group within Aquascot.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Learn and support the Raw Material Controller role to provide cover, deputising as required.
- Learn and support the planning and scheduling for all fish raw material coming into Aquascot and to other customers.
- Learn and support the Packaging & Ingredients Buyer role, providing cover and deputising when required.
- Lead Procurement Continuous Improvement projects.
- Manage of non-fish contracts, including but not limited to mobile phones, office equipment, stationary and in time utilities.
- Creation of robust tender processes, and supporting documentation, for the completion of relevant contracts.
- Assist in the research and development into new packaging materials and packing equipment.
- Creation, review and maintenance of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and/or Work Instructions for all relevant processes related to the Department.
- A key member within the newly formed Environmental & Sustainability Group within Aquascot. Lead and deliver on Continuous Improvement projects across own function and support CI projects led by others as required.
- Key role within the department in leading the systemisation of many of the procurement processes and ensuring IT solution(s) fit for purpose for the needs of the Procurement Department & AQS business.
- Full responsibility for the effective, professional and timely management of all operations within remit to ensure targets and budgets are met in accordance with customer and company standards e.g. budgets, service level etc.
Key attributes of the candidate:
- Must hold a full UK driving licence and be available for occasional travel within UK as required.
- A working knowledge of Microsoft 365 and competent in MS Office is essential.
- Excellent IT skills, and experience of using and adapting to different systems.
- Adaptable and Flexible approach to work with ability to work collaboratively across functions.
- Committed, resilient and reliable.
- Business Awareness, Effective Communication, Working with Others, Customer Focus, Making Things Happen, Innovation and Continuous Improvement are essential competencies.
- Logical and organised with ability to work to tight deadlines and deliver work of a high standard.
- Experience in a buying or planning role is desirable.
- Degree qualification in related Business discipline is desirable.
- Member of Chartered Institute of Purchasing is desirable.
- Buyer in Food Manufacturing experience is desirable
- A working knowledge of contract negotiation is desirable.