Position: Production Operative
Pay Rate: £9.90
Job Type: Temporary Position April – September 2022
Hours: Flexible hours available.
Reports to: Production Assistant Manager
The successful candidates will assist with processing salmon and trout products during a busy promotional period.
We are accepting applications from 16/17 year olds also so this is a great opportunity for school leavers, and the jobs listed below are suitable for this age group. There will be additional age-permitted responsibilities for applicants who are 18 and above, such as operating machinery, working with knives and heavy lifting where appropriate.
The promotional shift pattern includes the following shifts 8am - 4pm, 9am – 5pm and latest start 11am – 7pm. We can also offer flexible hours.
About the Employer
An employee-owned seafood business, based at Alness in the Highlands, employing around 200 people from our local community and offering a wide range of products: from whole prepared salmon and trout, through to products such as fillets, loins and portions, lightly smoked salmon, and an extensive range of easy to cook meals.
Aquascot has supplied employee-owned retailer Waitrose since 1993. Over the years the relationship has developed into a unique exclusive partnership, built on trust and understanding. This has become the essence of our thinking; building and maintaining strong, lasting relationships with our customers, supply chain, employees, and the local community in order to create a sustainable business.
In 2021 they won the Scottish Council for Development and Industry (SCDI) trophy for Excellence in People Development at the SCDI Highlands & Islands Business Excellence Awards.
- Contribute to achieving the daily production output.
- Work within Primary, Secondary or ‘Value Add’ process areas, as directed by a Line Manager to undertake the following tasks:
- Piping sauce onto product.
- Assembling and trimming En-croutes.
- Placing skewers on the fish.
- Creating salmon scrape meat.
- Processing and packing.
- Metal detection.
- Labelling and sleeving.
- Bulk Metal Detection in Despatch.
- Adhere to food safety and quality procedures to eliminate food safety risks such as cross contamination
- General housekeeping, ensuring hygiene standards are always maintained and that all areas are kept clean and tidy.
- Wear protective clothing and personal protective equipment provided by the company in accordance with health and safety and food safety requirements.
- Report accidents and near misses immediately.
- To assist cross functional teams such as the Hygiene Department.
- Able to develop and maintain good working relationships with colleagues across all departments.
- Practical hands-on approach; able to follow processes logically and systematically.
- Passionate about product quality, taking pride in their work to deliver to specification.
- Attention to detail with a diligent approach to work activities.
- Ability to work under pressure whilst maintaining quality and speed.
- Able to use own initiative and be able to work effectively as part of a diverse team.
- Self-motivated and able to work flexibly and collaboratively across all departments.
- Reliable, honest and punctual.
- Flexibility with a positive approach to undertaking a variety of tasks.