Position: Shift Engineer (Multi-skilled, Electrically Biased)
Reports to: Senior Engineer
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: Dependent on Experience
Aquascot is an employee-owned seafood manufacturing business, established for over 30 years and based in Alness, Ross-shire, committed to providing sustainable, high-quality seafood to its customer.
The successful candidate will be working as part of a multi-disciplined team to maintain the assets within the site, both production and site services in order to optimise the use of equipment and deliver maximum volume at the right quality.
- To provide a quick and effective response to line breakdowns
- To carry out planned and preventative maintenance to agreed schedules.
- Adhere to Health and Safety, quality, and environmental procedures.
- To Diagnose faults and to test, repair and maintain electrical / mechanical equipment and machinery using the correct tools in a safe manner in accordance with relevant food hygiene standards.
- Use Route cause analysis to identify reason for failure.
- Use the CMMS (Pirana) system effectively recording information and parts movements accurately.
- Complete basic building fabric remedial work and repairs including those to all associated services / equipment including plumbing, drainage, heating, ventilation, lighting etc.
- Holds a Modern Engineering Apprenticeship or a recognised engineering qualification such as HNC or City & Guilds
- 3 Years FMCG experience working in a Factory environment is desirable.
- Ideally electrically biased with strong mechanical knowledge.
- 18th Edition wiring regulations.
- Safely carry out electrical testing on machinery and be able to read electrical drawings.
- Strong fault finding and repair experience minimum 2 years.
- Flexible working (including weekends). Currently working on a dayshift-based role which includes backshifts.
- Computer literate.
- Attention to detail.
- A good communicator in order to converse with different functions across the business.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative .
- Ability to problem solve.
- A good listener, supportive and encouraging of team members.
- Reliable and punctual.
- Can do attitude.
- Team player.
- Refrigeration equipment knowledge.
- Food process knowledge.