Salmon in a Spicy Chilli, Coconut & Lime Sauce
Pan fry the salmon for 2-3 minutes on each side then set aside.
In the same pan gently cook the garlic, ginger, tomato puree and chilli paste, add the red peppers and cook for 2-3 minutes, then add the palm sugar.
Mix the cornflour and the coconut milk then add to the pan, add the lemongrass then cook on a gentle heat, stirring until thickened.
Remove the piece of lemongrass then season the sauce with the fish sauce, lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste, add the pack choi and cook for 1 minute.
Add the salmon fillets back into the pan with the sauce and cook for 3-4 minutes until cooked through.
Serve with Jasmine rice and garnish with fresh chilli and coriander leaf.
- 4 x 150g Waitrose Scottish salmon fillets (skin off)
- 2 tbsp x sunflower oil
- 2 x garlic cloves finely grated
- 1 heaped tbsp x grated fresh ginger
- 1 x lemongrass stick (bash with rolling pin)
- 1 tbsp x chilli garlic paste (I used Lee Kum Kee brand)
- 400g x tinned coconut milk, full fat
- 1 tsp x cornflour
- 1 tbsp x fish sauce
- 1 x lime, juiced, and zest of half the lime
- 1 tbsp x palm sugar (use brown if you do not have palm sugar)
- 1 tbsp x tomato puree
- 1 x red chilli, slice thinly into rings
- 2 x Pack choi (cut into quarters, remove root and wash)
- Chopped coriander to garnish
- Rice or noodles to serve