Lightly Smoked Salmon Risotto with Fresh Peas & Broad Beans
Heat the oil in a large deep frying pan or medium pot, add the onion and cook until soft – 5 minutes should do.
Add the rice to the onion and stir until coated with oil, then add the wine and cook until it's almost all evaporated – keep stirring.
Start adding the stock, a little at a time. Use a ladle if you have one – keep stirring as you add the stock until you have used the stock up. The rice should now be tender and have a creamy texture, but each grain should still have a little bite to it.
Add most of your grated parmesan and butter to the risotto and stir until nice and glossy. Add the flakes of lightly smoked salmon, along with the peas and broad beans, and season with salt and ground black pepper, place in serving bowl.
Top with remaining parmesan and fresh pea shoots/watercress, to garnish.
- 200g x Waitrose lightly smoked Scottish salmon fillets, cooked (remove skin and flake)
- 35ml x olive oil
- 1 x medium onion, finely chopped
- 225g x risotto rice (Arborio or Carnaroli)
- 75ml x dry white wine
- 750ml x chicken/vegetable dtock
- 50g x fresh/frozen peas (if fresh, blanch in boiling water for 2 mins, then cool in iced water)
- 50g x broad beans, remove outer shell
- 8g x chopped parsley
- 3g x fresh chopped mint
- 40g x diced cold nutter
- 40g x fresh parmesan, grated
- Salt & pepper
- Pea shoots or watercress – to garnish