Teriyaki Salmon Skewers with Cucumber & Watercress Salad
In advance: Prepare marinade (see ingredients) – place all ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
In advance: Remove skin from the salmon fillet and cut into fingers (1.5cm width). Skewer the salmon, cover with the marinade and place in the fridge for a few hours (or overnight) until required.
Prepare the salad – wash the watercress and place in a bowl, slice the radish and red chilli and add to bowl. Toss well.
Peel the cucumber lengthways into long strips. Roll the strips of cucumber and add to salad bowl.
Mix the salad dressing (see ingredients) – combine and whisk together, refrigerate until serving.
Place marinaded salmon fillet skewers on a baking tray and cook in a preheated fan oven for 12-14 minutes at 180°C.
Serve baked skewers on bed of salad, drizzled with salad dressing.
- 1 x Waitrose Scottish prime fillet of salmon, cut into 16 fingers (1.5cm width)
- 4 tbsp x dark soy sauce
- 2 tbsp x mirin
- 1 tbsp x honey
- 2cm x fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 x clove of garlic, crushed
- ½ x lime, juiced
Cucumber & Watercress Salad
- 1 x small bag of washed watercress
- ½ x cucumber, peel into long strips
- 6 x radish, sliced thinly
- 1 x small red chilli, cut into small thin rings
- 2 tbsp x rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp x mirin
- 2 tbsp x water
- 1 tbsp x sugar
- 1 tsp x sesame oil
- 2 tsp x soy sauce