Trout with Lemon & Dill Butter with Bulgur Wheat Salad
Cook trout as per pack cooking instructions. To make the salad, cook the bulgur wheat as per cooking instructions, then cool. Trim the ends off the asparagus and coat in a little rapeseed oil, then char in a grill pan and set aside. Place the bulgur wheat in a bowl and add the chopped herbs, tomatoes, peppers, chopped kale and edamame beans. Add the remaining oil to the salad with a squeeze or two of lemon juice, then season with salt and black pepper.
To serve, place the salad in the middle of the plate, put the chargrilled asparagus around the salad, then lay the trout on top of the salad. Drizzle with a little of the oil and top with some chopped parsley.
- 100g x bulgur wheat
- 50g x chopped blanched kale
- 50g x semi roasted baby plum tomatoes (half tomatoes, lay on oven tray lined with parchment paper, salt and cook at 140°C for 1 hour, then cool)
- 55g x Waitrose fine asparagus
- 15g x chopped flat leaf parsley
- 15g x chopped coriander
- 1 x Peppadew roasted red bell pepper, chopped roughly
- 50g x Waitrose Edamame beans
- 30ml x rapeseed oil
- 1 x lemon, squeezed